Monday, February 4, 2008

Blame it on the weather

For the first time in over 50 yrs China on the eve of the New Year has thousands stranded--unable to get home for Spring Festival. This will put a real wrinkle in many who believe what happens now is an indication of the rest of the year. Personally I hope not...if so I will be overburdened with readings, note taking and then making cohesive paragraphs. Ha, folks are stranded in train stations and on the road and I have petty concerns. I better straighten up my thinking or it will be a bad karmic year for me.
Still I can't help but reflect on that homing instinct at this time of the year...for some its the only trip they make hope after working miles away from home. I imagine that now that more families in China have Buicks the road traffic was a real problem. It is bad just with the trucks moving goods and produce back and forth from country to city.
You know what, if the Chinese remember how to help each other as they have done in the past, they will get through this crisis on their own without outside help.

No comments: